Zobo drink is made from sorrel leaves also known as hibiscus sabdariffa and commonly enjoyed by so many Nigerians and other parts of Africa. Zobo drink is known for its bright red colour and can served as part of everyday drink or during occasions. While Zobo drink is known to provide a few health benefits, it is safe such benefits will be seen if the drink is consumed moderately and part of a healthy life style.
- Dry sorrel leaves
- Pineapple Slices
- Slice of ginger (it depends on the amount of sorrel leaves)
- Rinse the sorrel leaves with cold water to get rid of potential dirt
- Put the cleaned sorrel leaves in a pot, add the slice of garlic, a bit of water and the pineapple slices
- Cover the pot and leave it on fire for about thirty minutes
- Sieve the liquid from the boiled sorrel leaves, pineapple slices and left-over garlic.
- Allow the drink to cool down, you can leave it in the fridge or simply add ice cubes and you can enjoy your Zobo drink.
Latest posts by Franklin Awodiya (see all)
- CELARIO SAUCE – Ready to eat Jollof Rice friendly sauce - 16 April 2018
- Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe - 25 February 2018
- How To Make Zobo Drink (Sorrel or Roselle Drink) - 27 June 2017