Want to learn how to make Suya? This Nigerian snack has its own unique flavor. It is enjoyed across Africa and served as a savoury snack garnished with onions and tomatoes. There are several variations to this Nigerian Food Recipe, below is the guideline to achieving the delicious Nigerian beef Suya. Enjoy!
· Boneless beef
· Suya Spice
· Pastry brush
· Vegetable oil
· Cut the beef into small pieces
· Crush two Maggi cubes into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix.
· Marinate the thin strips of beef with Maggi mixture well and set aside for 2hrs although the longer the better.
· After 2hours, mask generously each strips of beef with the Suya spice, you can them on the skewers before or after masking.
· Cover the beef with Clingfilm and to allow beef to be properly marinated. The longer the better.
· Place each skewer on grill tray
· Preheat oven at 200°C for 5mins before placing grill tray into oven. Remember not to close to heat as it will burn before cooking thoroughly.
· Allow each side to cook for 15 minutes minimum and brush some vegetable oil once each side is thoroughly cooked
· Garnish with onions and tomatoes and if you like, sprinkle some Suya spice over the beef. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve learnt how to make Suya, what are you waiting for? 🙂
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for latest Nigerian Food Videos 😉
The following two tabs change content below.
Nigerian Food Channel provides Nigerian Food and Soup Recipes as well as various African foods and African cuisine. We provide step by step guide on how to cook lovely Nigerian Food Recipes
Latest posts by Franklin Awodiya (see all)
- CELARIO SAUCE – Ready to eat Jollof Rice friendly sauce - 16 April 2018
- Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe - 25 February 2018
- How To Make Zobo Drink (Sorrel or Roselle Drink) - 27 June 2017