Want to learn how to make Suya? This Nigerian snack has its own unique flavor. It is enjoyed across Africa and served as a savoury snack garnished with onions and tomatoes. There are several variations to this Nigerian Food Recipe, below is the guideline to achieving the delicious Nigerian beef Suya. Enjoy!
· Boneless beef
· Suya Spice
· Pastry brush
· Vegetable oil
· Cut the beef into small pieces
· Crush two Maggi cubes into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix.
· Marinate the thin strips of beef with Maggi mixture well and set aside for 2hrs although the longer the better.
· After 2hours, mask generously each strips of beef with the Suya spice, you can them on the skewers before or after masking.
· Cover the beef with Clingfilm and to allow beef to be properly marinated. The longer the better.
· Place each skewer on grill tray
· Preheat oven at 200°C for 5mins before placing grill tray into oven. Remember not to close to heat as it will burn before cooking thoroughly.
· Allow each side to cook for 15 minutes minimum and brush some vegetable oil once each side is thoroughly cooked
· Garnish with onions and tomatoes and if you like, sprinkle some Suya spice over the beef. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve learnt how to make Suya, what are you waiting for? 🙂
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for latest Nigerian Food Videos 😉