Are you looking for how to cook Nigerian Jollof Rice? how can you go wrong with this dish, it is gratifying and unique in taste. This straight forward step-by-step will help you achieve this delightful Nigerian Food Recipe.
· Red Pepper (Tatase)
· Plum Tomato
· Fresh Tomatoes
· Scotch Bonnet (Rodo)
· Knorr Cubes
· Tomato Puree
· Jollof Rice Seasoning
· Knorr Aromat Seasoning
· Vegetable Oil
· All Purpose Seasoning
· Mixed Herbs
· Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
· Heat the Vegetable oil in a pot for 5-6 minutes, you need this piping hot.
· Blend the plum tomatoes, onion, scotch bonnet, red pepper together and add it to the piping hot vegetable oil.
· Season the mixture in the pot with Knorr cubes, Jollof rice seasoning, all purpose seasoning, mixed herbs, Aromat seasoning and salt, then stir in.
· Leave to fry for 15 minutes.
· After 15 minutes, add the washed rice, then the tomato puree and mix together.
· Add the bay leaves for aroma; this gives the meal a unique taste too.
· Add a small quantity of water, you don’t need a lot as the rice needs to steam cook.
· Leave to steam cook on low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
· Add fresh tomatoes and onions to garnish and leave to cook for another 5 minutes. Great job!
Once you are done learning how to cook Nigerian Jollof rice, look through the food blog for some really tasty Nigerian Food recipes and also look through your YouTube Channel for some fantastic videos 🙂Click here for Nigerian Grilled Tilapia Fish. This goes well with Nigerian Jollof rice.