Plantain chips or crisps are really nice and tasty snacks that can be made in few minutes. I won’t particularly call it a Nigerian food recipe as it is a popular snack in several countries across the world. Here is a breakdown of what you need and how to make this tasty snack.
- Unripe Plantain (It is ok when it’s got traces of yellow on it)
- Chopping Board
- A bowl
- Cut through the plantain’s skin using a knife and peel off the skin
- Place the plantain on the chopping board then cut into thin slice using a knife.
- Put the slices of plantain in a bowl and add a little bit of salt for taste.
- Heat up your deep fryer then add the slices of plantain
- Allow the plantain to fry until golden brown
- Place a kitchen towel on a plate to drain the oil and it’s ready!
For more Nigerian food recipes, Nigerian Soup Recipes feel free to search through our food blog or simply check out our YouTube Channel for latest food videos and other recipes that might be of interest.